Camp Dates: June 20 – June 23, 2022
Camp Code: HAR SIM I NCA (3-night stay)
Location: Hardin Simmons University
|Athlete – $330|
|Coach – $270|
|Athlete – $200|
|Coach – $125|
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CAMP
- NCA/Varsity Rep will notify us if you have registered with them.
- If you haven’t registered with NCA, that’s OK!
- Now, complete Southwest Camps’ Registration Form. Click Here (You will get a confirmation email from JotForm.com. Please make sure your email server does not block or think it’s spam.)
Your team will NOT be registered for camp until we have received our online Registration Form. This form contains information that is NOT provided to us by NCA.
- Email address should be one you check regularly throughout the summer. Important camp information and updated invoices will be sent to this email address until camp starts.
- If any information should change after you have completed our form, DO NOT fill out this form again. Please call or email us with any changes in numbers, contact information, etc. Be sure to include the school name, group, and camp attending.
- Count Changes After June 3, 2022
If you have changes in participants or coaches that will be attending camp, please notify Southwest Camps immediately so we may update your account and the campus accordingly.
- Individual Participant (not with team)
The individual participant must be accompanied at all times by a registered adult sponsor (21 or over). The adult sponsor must pay applicable fees and plan on attending the coaches/directors meeting each day for important information.
- Make sure to include all bus drivers, chaperones, sponsors, and coaches staying in hotel on your registration form.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
|Athlete – $330|
|Coach – $270|
|Athlete – $200|
|Coach – $125|
- Prices are per team member or individual attending camp.
- $100 per person deposit is required by May 30, 2022. (non-refundable after June 13, 2022)
Your deposit guarantees your spot at camp. If the camp does become full and we have not received your deposit, you may be asked to come as a commuter.
- Invoices are not automatically emailed. Upon request, we will be glad to send you an invoice. Please include the school name, group, and camp attending in your request.
- Please send all payments to Southwest Camps NOT NCA.
Send payments to: P.O. Box 350 Cisco TX 76437.
- Preferred payment options: official school check, cashier’s check, credit card or money orders. Personal, gym, booster club or business checks will not be accepted after May 16, 2022.
- Full Payment is due by June 11, 2022. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Payment by school purchase order:
Purchase orders for deposit amounts will be accepted to hold your spot at camp. However, they must be paid in full absolutely no later than May 30, 2022. (non-refundable after June 13, 2022)
Purchase orders for the remaining balance must be paid in full absolutely no later than June 11, 2022.
- Refunds will not be available until after the completion of all camps. Refunds are refunded back to the person or school that paid for camp.
REFUNDS – CANCELLATION / ENROLLMENT FEES
Southwest Camps retains the following amounts per person from any refund you might be due for cancellations or drops.
If canceled or dropped between:
|45 – 31 days prior to camp start date||$200 per person ( this is your deposit amount, and it is non-refundable )|
|30 – 15 days prior to camp start date||50% of camp fee per person is non-refundable|
|14 – 0 days prior to camp start date||Full camp fees ( NO REFUNDS )|
FORMS REQUIRED AT CAMP
These forms must be completed and brought with you to camp.
NCA/VARSITY RELEASE AND WAIVER FORM:
Participant Liability Release and Waiver Form – (PDF form) Everyone attending camp or staying on campus must fill out the Release and Waiver form. This does include coaches, sponsors, chaperones, and bus drivers.
- Complete this form, print and sign. The original and two copies must be turned in at camp check-in for each person. Make a copy for yourself as well to keep with you at all times during camp.
- If you do NOT have insurance, you will need to write “SELF PAY” in the space provided for insurance name.
EMERGENCY CONTACT FORM:
Emergency Contact Form– (PDF Form Fill – download required)
- Complete this form, print and sign. The original and two copies must be turned in at camp check-in for each person. Make a copy for yourself to keep with you at all times during camp.
- Everyone attending camp and staying on campus must be included on this form.
Camp Rules (PDF Form)
- Please make sure that you provide a copy of the camp rules to all participants and guardians of participants.
- Please make sure that everyone that signs the Release and Waiver form is acknowledging that they have read and will comply to camp rules. This does include coaches, sponsors, chaperones, and bus drivers.
At Southwest Camps and Varsity Spirit, the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, employees, families, and friends is our top priority. We are monitoring COVID-19 and closely watching official information from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as it relates to our larger communities and our camps. General adoption of best practices as advised by the CDC is the best way to prevent the spread of any illness.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending our camps, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Please help keep each other safe and healthy by following the guidance provided.
All camp attendees will be asked to monitor their own health seven days prior to attending camp and each morning of camp while following the CDC Guidelines for protecting themselves and others.
COVID-19 Camp/Clinic Rules Updated 1-21-22
- Everyone attending camp that signed the Waiver and Release form acknowledges that they have read and will comply with Varsity Spirit COVID-19 Camp/Clinic Rules, this does include coaches, sponsors, chaperones, and bus drivers.
At this time, visitors will be welcome for the “Final Day Performances” ONLY.
(Be aware that COVID changes can/will impact this policy. Continue to visit the Southwest Camp website for updates.)
FIRST DAY OF CAMP CHECK-IN
When: 9AM – NOON
Registration process must be completed BEFORE checking into the dorms. Plan to turn in all forms at this time.
Where: Moody Center Lobby
2200 Hickory Street
Abilene, TX 79698
Opening Rally: 1:00 PM at the Mabee Athletics Center.
HSU Campus Map
Note: Lunch is included in your meal plan as a resident camper on the first day of camp. (Lunch is served at 11:00 am – 1:30 pm)
Camp/Mascot Schedules Camp schedules are subject to change by the Head Instructor. If there are any changes, a new schedule will be handed out on the first day of camp during the first coaches meeting.
Camp/Mascot Schedule If there are any changes, a new schedule will be handed out to the mascot at camp.
Housing in Anderson Hall
- Expect two to a room, four to a suite sharing a bathroom.
- Dorm rooms are assigned by HSU staff only.
- Dorm room keys for every person will be issued to the coach/chaperone for distribution. The coach/chaperone is responsible for collecting and returning their team’s keys at the end of camp. Any room key lost during camp or not returned at check-out will incur a $25 fee per key that will be billed to and payable by your school.
- Male Team Members: All males will be housed separately from females. Males are not allowed on the female floor. They are welcome to meet downstairs in the lobby.
- Use the Dorm Room Assignment form (PDF form filled format) to assign participants to each room. This form is for your convenience and does not have to be turned in.
- Male coaches must bring a female chaperone to stay in the dorm with the team.
- Resident Female Coaches: If you bring more than two male participants to camp, you must bring a male chaperone to stay with them.
- All males (coaches, participants & bus drivers) will be housed together, separate from the females, either in the same dorm or close by.
- ABSOLUTELY NO decorating in the dorms.
- Extra Long Twin size bed sheets are required.
- Bring a blanket just in case the room is too cold.
For special needs, diets and/or injuries, arrangements can be made through Southwest Camps. Please call or email us.
- Cafeteria located in Moody Center, see Campus Map for location.
- Cafeteria kitchen will be under construction. Due to construction, normal cafeteria operations will not be accessible, however meals will continue to be provided. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Resident Fee includes meals, which will begin on the first day at lunch (11 am-1:30 pm) and end on the last day at breakfast.
- Commuters are welcome to pay at the cafeteria entrance.
- Normally the cafeteria prepares meals/food for all different types of diet. (If you require a special diet please let us know immediately.)
- See Campus Map for designated parking areas.
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO BRING LIST – PDF Use this list to make sure you are prepared. Commuters will not need everything on this list.
- RE-USABLE SCREW TOP WATER BOTTLE
- FACE MASK (IF REQUIRED BY LOCAL GUIDANCE)
- HAND SANITIZER
- COMPLETED AND SIGNED WAIVERS
- HEALTHY SNACKS AND WATER
- SANITIZING WIPES
- PAPER TOWELS
- ANY NECESSARY MEDICATION
- BEDDING AND TOWELS
- CAMP WEAR
- CHEER SHOES
- FUN DAY OUTFIT/ACCESSORIES
- GAME DAY PROPS: FLAGS, POMS, MEGAPHONES, SIGNS, TEAM MASCOT
- HAIR TIES AND RIBBONS
- INSECT REPELLENT
- MONEY FOR THE VARSITY SPIRIT SHOP
- SHOWER SHOES
- UMBRELLA AND RAINCOAT
- A GREAT ATTITUDE!
If one of your participants requires wrapping at all times, please be sure to bring your own wrapping to camp. The wrapping that we furnish at camp is for injuries during camp.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Check the Camp Schedule for appropriate clothing or contact your Varsity/NCA Rep.
The statement below is a suggestion from NCA:
- 1st Day: Half day PM – Camp clothes – shorts and t-shirts/tank tops.
- 2nd Day: Full day – Camp clothes – shorts and t-shirts/tank tops.
- 3rd Day: Full day – Camp clothes – shorts and t-shirts/tank tops. This is also known as FUN DAY. You can dress to match the THEME but of course, they don’t have to (just a suggestion!) This is also the day that participants try out for All American. Many participants choose to wear their uniforms for tryouts.
- 4th Day: Half day AM – Most teams choose to wear their uniforms on the final day but again, it is not required.
- This year’s camp spirit theme is: “Leave Your Legacy”
- Cheerleaders are an invaluable part of every community, leading by example and paving the path to success. Come to NCA Summer Camp with goals, and leave with a legacy your team, school and community are proud of! Here are some outfit ideas for FUN DAY at camp:
- Tap into your team’s legacy with throwback uniforms
- Leave you mark as historical figures
- Change the game as sports legends
- Shoot for the stars as astronauts
- Create a following as a trend setter
- Explore new frontiers as famous explorers
- Set a course for success as Olympic athletes
- Get creative and have FUN!
- There will be a swim party on the evening of the third day of camp. Bring your swimsuit!
- This camp will include one movie night and one pool night.
- Participants can decorate the walls in the gym. Duct tape is not allowed. Decorations must be removed at the end of camp.
- REMINDER: PLEASE NO DECORATING IN THE DORM.
- If you have any questions concerning registration, payments, food and dorms, please feel free to contact us either by email or by phone at 888-442-2514 or 254-442-2500.
- If you have questions about classes, instructional items and clothing, you will need to contact your Varsity Rep or call NCA – Cheer 1-800-527-4422.
- Click Here to visit the NCA website or download the NCA 2022 Brochure.